[Web4lib] Upgrading to WebPac Pro/OPAC

Vicki Lonell Hain vicki_hain at post.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 22 17:40:32 EST 2008

Hello!

I am a fairly new hire and a newbie to libraries and "Millenium world"
-- I haven't had to do much with Millenium yet other than tweaks to the
catalog website.

We're currently at Release 2006, I'll be upgrading to WebPac Pro (OPAC)
as soon as I feel reasonably confident about what I'm doing.  I'm hoping
I might get a few words of wisdom from the experienced folks here.

Below are some questions, - hope it's ok to ask them here & any help
would be greatly appreciated!

1.  In the documention it says:
"When your library 'goes Pro', WebPAC Pro with RightResult is enabled
for your live WebPAC on your production or training servers. This means
that WebPAC Pro will go live simultaneously on your staging WebPAC and
your live WebPAC."

I'm not sure what this means.  -- Am I able to upgrade the staging port
without affecting the live port?

2.  The Staging port hasn't ever been used so far, all of the files,
etc. are the default.  I see that it's easy to copy everything from
Staging to Live, but is there a reasonably easy way to copy everything
from Live to Staging?

3.  Will I receive upgrade instructions after the Service Commitment is
submitted for the WebPac Pro setup?  I've found the 2006 upgrade
instructions, the FAQ's, tour, etc. for the Pro upgrade on the csdirect
website, but not a step-by-step for the Pro upgrade.

Does anyone have any particular advice or things to watch out for??

Again, THANKS for any help!!  Vicki
Vicki Lonell Hain (using personal email)
Web Developer
Chapel Hill Public Library
Chapel Hill, NC