[Web4lib] New Online Social Network: BioMedExperts

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Fri Jan 18 01:06:51 EST 2008

  Tom Peters writes

> Yes, if this proves successful, I think similar things could be created for other disciplines.

  and another set of nails on the coffins of libraries.

  Gerry asked

> Any past/present/future projects that list members may be aware ?

  I had a complete co-authorship network calculated for
  the authors in RePEc, where author data is manually
  maintained by authors themselves, therefore of very
  high quality. But I lost the machine that was running
  the service. If somebody sponsors a machine, I can
  run the service, the code is pretty much ready, but
  the number of nodes involved requires a dedicated
  machine. Now here is an opportunity for a library
  to get involved in new services, rather than watching
  them being taking up by commercial companies.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel
  phone: +7 383 330 6813                       skype: thomaskrichel