[Web4lib] CIL2008 Workshop Survey: Facebook for Libraries & Networks

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 8 23:12:11 EST 2008

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***
Colleagues/

On April 10 2008, I will give a post-conference workshop on Facebook for Libraries & Networks.

The three-hour workshop will be held the morning after the conclusion of the Computers in Libraries 2008 conference in Arlington VA (April 7-9 2008) [Workshop 19]

[ http://www.infotoday.com/cil2008/postconference.shtml ].

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in identifying the PRIMARY, SECONDARY, and TERTIARY Apps / Features / Functionalities that you believe should be at the core of a Facebook profile and which should be emphasized in my workshop.

In addition, I would greatly appreciate other suggestions relating to any aspect of Facebook and online social networking in general.

If at all possible, I would appreciate AT LEAST FIVE SUGGESTIONS for each question.

BTW: MOST questions require at least one (1) response.

Results from this survey will be used to create a related survey in which individuals will be able to indicate their personal preferences for each of the apps / features / functionalities elicited by this survey. [Stay Tuned]

The current survey is available at

[ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GzzcrSr0winGac4lT5gwkQ_3d_3d ]

Please complete this current survey by Friday ***February 1 2008***.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]