[Web4lib] ILS for Distance Education

Helen Linda celestihel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:17:14 EST 2008

Hi All,

I work at a small-medium sized library in an entirely low-residency college.
Has anyone else who fits that sort of profile has found an ILS that works
reasonably well for the more non-traditional models of lending activity. By
this I mean items not often used on campus, very long loan periods, etc. As
an institution, we really would rather go OSS and are aware of Koha, but are
there any others? Also, does anyone at an institution like ours use OSS, or
even if you have a distance element in your on-campus school, do you run
into trouble with the different loan requirement for distance students?

I'm just ferreting right now, gathering all the info. Even if your software
isn't open source but you simply couldn't do business without it, tell me
that, too. Or if you use OSS regardless of your library type and just love
it, that's handy.

Thank you so much!
Helen Linda
Library Systems & Technical Services Coordinator
Goddard College
Plainfield, VT

--
Following the path of least resistance is what makes the river crooked!
~Utah Phillips