[Web4lib] RefQ: Are there web-enabled cell phones that can use local wireless?

Mark Sandford sandfordm1 at wpunj.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:10:53 EST 2008

And phones with better software (the iPhone is pretty, but the
software really isn't cutting edge) can almost certainly use secured
networks, depending on the security protocol involved.  I'm 99% sure
my old Treo could.  The distinction is how you define web-enabled.
Some phones do have wi-fi capabilities, which would make connecting to
your library wireless a possibility.  If they rely on the cell tower
signals, then they can't.

Mark Sandford