[Web4lib] Open source or freeware web log analyzer?

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Thu Feb 28 11:08:00 EST 2008

I've been using AWStats for a few years as well and really like
it.  The thing it does fairly well is separate (as best it can) human
requests from bots, spiders and other things that can give you an
inaccurate sense of how your site is being used, I find it to be much
more conservative then webalizer.  Webalizer claims that my average
daily users is about 50% higher than the AWStats. In regards to
traffic stats I find that the lower estimate is usually closer to
reality. Additionally AWStats gives you just about every piece of
information you would want about your traffic.  Of course there's no
reason you have to choose just one :) multiple points of data never hurt.

--Will