[Web4lib] RefQ: Are there web-enabled cell phones that can use local wireless?

Cornwall, Daniel D (EED) dan.cornwall at alaska.gov
Wed Feb 27 17:37:00 EST 2008

Hello,

I've been asked whether people with web-enabled cell phones might be
able to sign onto our library wireless network. My off the cuff response
was no because many web-enabled phones are tied to a single service
provider. Has anyone here heard differently?

Thanks,

=================================

Daniel Cornwall
Head of Information Services
Alaska State Library
PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
(907) 465-1315 ph
(907) 465-2665 fax
E-Mail: dan.cornwall at alaska.gov

Learn what the Alaska State Library can do for you by visiting
http://library.state.ak.us.

Learn about the Alaska State Publications Program, a system that works
to make state information available to Alaskans now and in the 22nd
Century. See our web page at <http://library.state.ak.us/asp/asp.html>.

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine alone and not those of my
employer unless explicitly stated.