[Web4lib] Library Website Awards...?

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Tue Feb 26 14:49:27 EST 2008

Just wondering ... the Web Development section of WebJunction looks stale, in terms of the dates of postings (2006 being most recent). I am looking in the wrong place, or is my observation correct.

http://www.webjunction.org/do/Navigation?category=517

If you want a "best practices" approach, maybe it would be timely for someone to reply with a URL for  best practices web sites.  Thanks.

Bret Parker
Senior Systems Analyst (MLIS)
Stockton-San Joaquin County
Public Library
605 N. El Dorado St
Stockton, CA 95202
bret.parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
(209) 937-7148

http://www.stockton.lib.ca.us

>>> "Bill Drew" <dreww at tc3.edu> 2/26/2008 10:04 AM >>>
This is so 1990's.  I thought we were beyond this type of thing.  What
is needed is for people to look at the Best Practices sections of
various library wikis and in places like WebJunction for design,
functionality, and content suggestions.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Interim Library Director
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
StrengthsQuest: Ideation, Input, Learner, Activator, Communication

>>> Thomas Bennett <bennetttm at appstate.edu> 2/26/2008 11:48:00 AM >>>
So, does the "Best" WEB site look pretty or can it be just hum drum and
help
you find your target much quicker.  Sort sounds like, what was it?
Better
Flavor : Less Filling debate or something like that ;-)