[Web4lib] Wiki, Great Idea

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Sat Feb 23 13:18:10 EST 2008

D.H. Mattison wrote:
> Thanks K.G. You didn't add whether you've updated the entries in those two
> wikis so they at least reference RFID interoperability and standards.
> Another subscriber told me of a third site, which includes a wiki, called
> libsite.org, http://libsite.org, a site specifically built for users to
> submit, discuss, and rate library Web sites" created by
> http://chicagolibrarian.com/ (Leo Robert Klein).
>
> Off to blog Libsite.org....

Thanks for the mention!  It's only my natural shyness that kept me from
mentioning the site myself.

Basically LibSite.org is an experiment with what you can do with a bunch
of library sites when you want to go beyond plain ole wikis.

So you can rate sites, add them to your favorites, comment on them, etc.
  It's got free tagging, geo-positioning using Google maps, plus an
awesome widget that you can put on your own site sporting the latest
1-10 recommended sites.

In Ver. 2.0, I want to enhance the layout so it looks more like a
"Dashboard" or command center.

LEO

GALLERY:
http://libsite.org/gallery