[Web4lib] Wiki, Great Idea

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Feb 23 07:22:50 EST 2008

I'm "with" D.H. on not duplicating work done elsewhere. That said, I took a
controversial topic-RFID - and compared it on both "LIS" wikis. The
differences (and similarities) are interesting. These are hardly nonpartisan
fact sheets, and are good examples of "ye shall be known by your footnotes."
Having some familiarity with the subject, I felt both pages were profoundly,
well, wrong, sometimes to comical effect.

What both pages also have in common is they don't include any discussion of
interoperability and standards, even though that is a very big development
in the RFID world.

http://www.niso.org/committees/RFID/RFID_comm.html

anyway... that's a tangent from "do we need another wiki."

K.G. Schneider