Fw: [Web4lib] Which databases can Google Scholar crawl?

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Tue Feb 19 15:11:20 EST 2008

At 11:28 AM 2/19/2008, Kathryn Silberger wrote:
>This could be an activity of some ALA committee.

Why don't we just expand Alan's original trial & error approach?

If someone has a wiki page they could spare, the collective web4lib
community could probably put together a reasonably thorough listing
in a matter of hours.

Just pick a few databases from your collection, search
inurl:my.database.com (or various other methods) and post your
findings/difficulties.
While not absolutely exhaustive it would give a pretty reasonable
sense of the coverage for major databases.

I'd offer up a page myself, but being in a corporate library I don't
have a public facing page to offer, anyone else?

--Will