[Web4lib] promoting online databases on public terminals

Kelli Staley kstaley at lansing.lib.il.us
Mon Feb 11 14:33:02 EST 2008

Hi,

We're currently using a program that offers patrons large buttons to
choose from.
Search for books & materials, search for articles, use e-mail (etc.)

We're going to be eliminating this software and instead showing the
WinXP desktop.
Since we've made it so easy to connect to resources before, this will be
an adjustment for the public library patrons.

Databases and such are linked from our library's home page, which will
be the default page of the internet browser.
I'm also considering adding the databases, catalogs, and email sites to
the favorites/bookmarks.

Any other ideas out there in the collective wisdom?
TIA

--
Kelli Staley
Information Technology Department Head