[Web4lib] Wireless Device for providing roving service?

Pennington, Buddy D. penningtonb at umkc.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:48:15 EST 2008

I would put the iPod Touch in the PDA with wireless category.  It is a
wonderful device but the small screen could pose a challenge to library
service delivery.

Also, it does not support 802.1x, which is used on many campus wireless
networks (ones that ask students to log in for wireless access).
Probably not an issue for public libraries but it is a problem for many
academics.

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City
University Libraries
800 E. 51st Street
Kansas City, MO  64110
816-235-1548

UMKC University Libraries: Discovery. Knowledge. Empowerment.