[Web4lib] Use SSL on Patron Account Pages?

KLINGLER, THOMAS tk at kent.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:57:39 EST 2008

I agree with you that most folks expect SSL now.  We've used it for
several years on our III webpac ( http://kentlink.kent.edu/ )

It's worth the couple hundred dollars per year for the peace of mind.

Investigate other options like Thawte  http://www.thawte.com/  and
GeoTrust http://www.geotrust.com/    You may find lower prices.

Plus, you'll want to have your certificate in place for when you
implement III's e-commerce option that allows your patrons to pay their
fines and bills online with a credit card! ;-)

Tom Klingler
Assistant Dean for Systems & Technical Services
Libraries & Media Services
Library Room 383
Kent State University
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001