[Web4lib] RE: Printer questions configure two - or more - printer profiles

Lee Martin lmartin at tadl.tcnet.org
Thu Dec 11 16:59:19 EST 2008

This is exactly what we do.  We default to B&W so that the user has to
manually switch to color.

Lee Martin
Systems Libraian
Traverse Area District Library
231.932.8531

>>> "Bosman, Don" <dbosman at mail.lib.msu.edu> 12/11/2008 4:24 PM >>>
You can configure multiple instances of a printer.
Leave the one you have alone, but rename it color.
Install another instance of the same printer, tweak if for black only,
and name it black on white. Or something that suits you better.

The same multiple instance is very helpful for printers that can duplex
print. Sometimes you just don't want double sided printing.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
Libraries, Michigan State University
  100 Library