[Web4lib] sharpening images and OCR

Robin robin at stcharleslibrary.org
Mon Dec 1 12:10:14 EST 2008

Having used both Omnipage (since about 1995) Abby fine reader, and a
couple of others which came and went, I have to agree about Omnipage.
You really have to go to a professional - level hardware and software
setup to get much better.

And yes - the quality you get out is directly related to the quality of
the original, and if that's bad enough, you'll never be able to get a
good digital result.

Robin Boulton
IT Manager
St. Charles Public Library District