[Web4lib] Social Media and Collaboration

Nils K. Windisch windisch at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Aug 26 04:49:31 EDT 2008

Hello List,

On 25.08.2008, at 23:47, Robin Hastings wrote:
> If you know of a project that
> is using one of these social tools to facilitate their work, please
> let me know, I would greatly appreciate it, and the person/persons
> doing the project would get some national exposure!

Kind of: http://www.bibsonomy.org/

About text:
"BibSonomy is run by the Knowledge & Data Engineering Group of the
University of Kassel, Germany. This system is intended to support
everyone, but in particular researchers, in sharing bookmarks and
bibliographies. One main reason is that we have to deal with
bibliographic data all the time, needed a more coherent way to manage
our bibtex data. Another - even more important - reason for setting up
BibSonomy is that social resource sharing systems are very popular
nowadays, but do still lack theoretical foundations. Our aim is to
tackle the research challenges that arise around systems like
BibSonomy, and to provide more sophisticated support for tasks like
browsing, searching, ranking, and community discovery."

Kind Regards,
Nils K. Windisch

--
Nils K. Windisch
Telefon: +49 551 39 83 74
E-Mail: windisch at sub.uni-goettingen.de

Niedersächsische Staats- und
Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen (SUB)
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1
37073 Göttingen
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/

Dienststelle: Elektronisches Publizieren
DFG-Projekt: Open-Access-Statistik
http://dini.de/projekte/oa-statistik/