[Web4lib] Experts on Drupal and Internet/Intranet Strategy & Planning

Alvare, Luz Marina (IFPRI) l.alvare at CGIAR.ORG
Fri Aug 15 17:27:56 EDT 2008

The Library team has always been responsible for the Institutional website.  Recently they have also given the responsibility for the Intranet.  We are looking for a consultant that could help us to build a strategy and plan to move into a more dynamic intranet that also connects to the internet.

The institute's Intranet provides access to the most important corporate information, administrative forms, short staff profiles and phone numbers, but does not serve the need to communicate information and knowledge though these new communication channels and tools.

In addition to the corporate intranet, IFPRI decided to build online spaces for collaboration and knowledge sharing that can be used for the management of a specific project or to quickly and easily access and share data, contribute in building content, collaborate and communicate among staff.

We are looking for a contractor or facilitator that could help build the RFP based on the input of the research and Administrative divisions.  We have also offices in other countries and thee needs to be included.

We have been suggested to build it in Drupal, so we are looking for a firm or developer.

Any recommendations?

Luz Marina Alvaré
Head, Library and Knowledge Management
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
2033 K Street, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20006, USA
Email: l.alvare at cgiar.org
Tel: 1-202-862-5614