[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 8:5 available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:07:59 EDT 2008

Cites & Insights 8:5, May 2008 <http://citesandinsights.info/civ8i5.pdf>, is
now available for downloading.

This 28-page issue (PDF as usual, but each essay is also available in HTML
form) includes:

   - *Bibs & Blather: One Book at a Time<http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5a.htm>
   * - A year's experience with self-publishing.
   - *Perspective: Offtopic or Not? Mill Creek &
Libraries<http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5b.htm>
   * - Do 50-movie (and 100-movie and 250-movie!) packs make sense for
   public libraries?
   - *Making it Work Perspective: Changes in Liblogs: Slouching Toward a
   Study <http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5c.htm>* - How have 227 liblogs
   changed between 2005/2006 and 2007? Notes toward a possible study of 500+
   blogs.
   - *Net Media Perspective: Citizendium and the Writer's
Voice<http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5d.htm>
   * - Notes on Citizendium and how it's developing–and why I disagree
   with one fundamental tenet of both Wikipedia and Citizendium.
   - *Offtopic Perspective: 50 Movie Hollywood Legends, Part
1<http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5e.htm>
   * - From the sublime to the ridiculous, from *Good News* to *The Fat
   Spy*, two dozen movies with big-name stars.
   - *Retrospective: Pointing with Pride, Part
1<http://citesandinsights.info/v8i5f.htm>
   * - Looking back at "the 1s"–the first, 11th…91st issues of C&I.