[Web4lib] Google Search Appliance and OPACs

Ross Singer rossfsinger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:49:57 EDT 2008

Dale,

Art Rhyno and I were working on a project that had similar goals (I
think) to what you're proposing with OneBox.  See:
http://librarycog.uwindsor.ca:8087/artblog/librarycog/indexcat

which uses Google Desktop to push library content into Google searches.

While I don't think you'd need to necessarily use Cocoon (I mean, you
*could*), I'm assuming you're really just trying to target computers
physically in the library (I wouldn't really want to see KSU catalog
records in my Google searches, for example) and this is a pretty
effective (although needs to be cleaned up more and there might be
more efficient ways to do it).

-Ross.