[Web4lib] powerpoint-style transitions with CSS or other simple web answers

Ken Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Wed Sep 26 14:11:25 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

Is there an easy, friendly way to get web-pages to make visual
transitions in a fashion similar to PowerPoint fade/slide/speckle/etc
transitions?
We're looking at developing a kiosk that would display weekly campus
events. The original idea was to create a PPT file every week, which
sounds incredibly labor-intensive and boring. I'm thinking of using a
PHP/MySQL back-end that will manage the content, but would still have a
PowerPoint-like presentation. My mockup relies heavily on the
http-equiv=Refresh tag, just loading one event-page after another.

The PPT-type transitions are certainly non-mandatory, but sprinkling
them in gently might create a bit of eye-catchery and visual appeal. Is
there a straightforward way of doing this with CSS, AJAX or something else?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken

--