[Web4lib] Skype use on public library computers

Peter Schoenberg PSchoenberg at EPL.CA
Mon Sep 24 15:42:38 EDT 2007

We have had a few reports of customers using Skype on our word processing computers.    (Only the Word Processing computers have an available USB plug-in.)    It does require a download and install, which is not normally possible on our public computers.

I would be very interested in your experiences with Skype - used by the public on computers on your network.

Security issues?
Band width?

Other comments or suggestions.

Peter