[Web4lib] Re: [lita-l] Posting Journal Articles to Facebook?

Michelle Frisque mfrisque at northwestern.edu
Thu Sep 20 16:13:32 EDT 2007

I looked at a few of our big journal providers. While it looks like
ScienceDirect Blackwell Synergy and Wiley Interscience do not provide
this functionality (or if they did it was not easily found) others
did. It looks like some platforms like ScienceDirect and Wiley
Interscience want users to use the  bookmarking or saving feature
within their platform. With more and more people wanting to more
easily share information they found (beyond sending an email) I
wonder how long the big journal providers will try to keep their
content within their platforms. However it does not appear all are
doing that. Nature publishing works with Connotea. Ingenta has built
in the ability to post citations to del.icio.us, citulike, connotea,
and bibsonomy.

Michelle

On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Gerry Mckiernan wrote:

> ***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***
> Friends/
>
> I've discovered that BioMed Central (BMC) has implemented a feature
> that allows readers to BMC post articles to Facebook
> (as well as to Cite-U-Like, Connotea, Delicious, and Digg):
>
> <QUOTE>
>
> BioMed Central blog
> Monday Sep 17, 2007
> New look for BioMed Central journal articles
>
> Posting of articles to social networking sites
>
> You can now easily post articles to sites including Cite-U-Like,
> Connotea and Facebook, using links conveniently placed at the foot
> of the new navigation box.
>
> </QUOTE>
>
> [ http://blogs.openaccesscentral.com/blogs/bmcblog/entry/
> new_look_for_biomed_central ]
>
> I am greatly interested in learning about Other ***Journals/
> Publishers*** that offer such Social Networking Site Posting (SNSP)
> features/functions.
>
> BTW: Can't You Just Hear The Future Changing ... [:-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Gerry
>
> Gerry McKiernan
> Associate Professor
> Science and Technology Librarian
> Iowa State University Library
> Ames IA 50011
>
> !!! Social Networking is People !!!
> [ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]
>
> Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
> [ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]

Michelle Frisque
Head, Information Systems
Galter Health Sciences Library