[Web4lib] Jottit

Will Kurt wkurt at bbn.com
Thu Sep 20 09:56:37 EDT 2007

I'm not sure whether everybody on this list already knows about this
or not, but I haven't seen any posts and I'm already seeing a lot of
people in other communities start making use of it.

Aaron Swartz (who's also the technical lead on the Open Library
project among about a bazillion other things) officially released
<http://jottit.com/>http://jottit.com/ a few days ago.  Conceptually
Jottit is both simple and amazing.  All it is a text box, you enter
your text and viola! A page is created.   This virtually eliminates
the barrier to web publishing and is perfect for all of those "Ohh I
just want to post this on a static webpage real quick" moments where
even a simple blog is too much infrastructure.

Anyway it's a wonderful, simple and flexible platform and I just
wanted to make sure that everyone was aware that it's out there.

--Will