[Web4lib] Electronic Resources & Libraries 2008 -- Call for Proposals

Virginia Cairns Virginia-Cairns at utc.edu
Tue Sep 11 15:03:29 EDT 2007

Electronic Resources & Libraries 2008

March 18-21, 2008

Atlanta, GA

Call for Proposals

http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/2008

ER&L Conference Program Planning Committee encourages you to submit a
proposal for the Electronic Resources & Libraries 2008 Conference to be
held March 19-21, 2008, with pre-conference sessions on March 18. The
conference location will be the Global Learning and Conference Center in
Atlanta, GA.

View Track Descriptions:
http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/2008/schedConf/trac
kPolicies

Proposal Deadline: Proposals will be evaluated as they are received, and
priority may be given to those who submit early.  The Proposal Deadline
is Nov. 1, 2007

Proposal Evaluation: The committee will evaluate each proposal on the
basis of subject matter (including, but not limited to, the issues
listed in the topic descriptions), clarity, and timeliness. Proposals
should be for original work that has not been published. We may request
that some presenters combine sessions with complementary subject matter.

Compensation: Presenters receive 25% off the cost of registration.

More info: ER&L provides a forum for information professionals to
explore ideas, trends, and technologies related to electronic resources
and digital services. The idea of this event is to bring together
stakeholders inside and outside of the library to look at the impact the
digital environment has on library collections, access to resources, and
our organizations. We invite various perspectives and approaches to
managing, promoting and accessing electronic resources. We hope to
foster collaborative, cross-departmental, cross-community approaches to
the issues e-resources have brought to our environment.

Questions: Please direct questions about the Call for Proposals to
Bonnie Tijerina (bonnie.tijerina at gmail.com) or Elizabeth
Winter(elizabeth.winter at library.gatech.edu). Please direct questions
related to preconferences to Xan Arch(xanadu at stanford.edu).

ER&L '08 conference details are online at:

http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/2008

Virginia L. Cairns
Associate Professor and
Head, Reference and Instruction Services
Lupton Library
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37403
(423) 425-2279 (voice)
(423) 425-4775 (fax)
virginia-cairns at utc.edu

This correspondence should be considered a public record and subject to
public inspection pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act