[Web4lib] distributed authoring of newsletter?

Gilman, Mark mark.gilman at dallaslibrary.org
Wed Sep 5 20:44:37 EDT 2007

I'm looking for a solution that would meet a need for newsletters being
authored in distributed fashion and then made available both online and
in print.  The idea would be to create content collaboratively, such as
using a Wordpress template set up to mimick a newsletter's look and
feel, but then export that content to PDF so it can be printed, without
munging the formatting too badly.  I've seen a plug-in or two WP2PDF and
Zirona that seem to suggest this possibilty, but it's not clear to me
how well either of these would work.  And I couldn't find a working
demo.

As more and more folks become content with reading content online, it
makes sense to migrate newsletters to electronic formats, but there is
still that segment of the population who really do rely on print. That's
the context.  Any insights welcome.

This overview of Wordpress tools is apposite: http://tinyurl.com/23calu

The underlying environment could be anything. I'm not wedded to
Wordpress. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mark