[Web4lib] Library Staff Scheduler

Emele Dykes edykes at gvpl.ca
Wed Sep 5 12:14:42 EDT 2007

I absolutely agree.  (3 cheers for the human brain!)

Those tasked with the responsibility of scheduling at our library all
cry in pain every time they have to make a new schedule.  They use a
variety of aids (depending on their technical expertise)  from huge
sheets of paper to excel spreadsheets to attempt to make order of the
chaos.  Apparently there is some scheduling software out there that
might help, BUT our library has never been prepared to spend the money.
Although I've also always wondered if any scheduling software would be
good enough to handle all the variables (likely not) but hopefully even
some/most variables.  I admire anyone looking to attempt the task.  I've
had way too much to do to even consider it myself, but if I can help you
within reason I would love to.

Best of luck,
Emele

--
Emele Dykes, B.Comm.

e-mail: edykes at gvpl.ca
phone:  (250) 413-0352 x261

"Do not adjust you mind, it is reality that is malfunctioning."