[Web4lib] Is Google a Library?

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 15:15:28 EDT 2007

  Karen Schneider's recent Web4Lib post on the NY Times article about the OCA and libraries reminded me of something. Well, it was actually her Web4Lib posting that made me go to her blog where I saw I reference to the thing I had forgotten about. :-)

  Siva Vaidhyanathan is working on a book called "The Googlization of Everything". The book project has a blog, where Siva invites people to comment on various postings related to Google. One of the topical areas in the blog is "Is Google a Library?"

  http://www.googlizationofeverything.com/is_google_a_library/

  Siva's first post on the "Is Google a Library" topic was on September 28. There are now 4 posts, with a grand total of three replies. I was surprised to see such little activity for a topic (Google and libraries) that usually draws big crowds at conferences. Maybe people aren't aware of this forum yet?

  Bernie Sloan