[Web4lib] An Analysis Of Open Source ILS Market Penetration

Lin Light llight at herrickdl.org
Tue Oct 16 08:16:14 EDT 2007

Having worked off a slow moving barge on the Mississippi, speed becomes
relational to ones surroundings. You have 20 barges rigged together, speed
isn't the issue. CONTROL IS. And I think that is what open source is all
about. We as users of any ILS find control of the development of the product
lacking, that is where I think open source will prove itself.
Also for every user of an open sources system is a potential developer.

Lin

Lin Light
Head of Computers
 & Technical Services