[Web4lib] Google Coop search engine

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Thu Oct 11 19:00:35 EDT 2007

I have set up several Google custom searches to
search state content for news, health sciences, government
and libraries.  The searches are interesting in that the
first level of search seems to yield less than the next
level of search refining results  - even though each search
is querying the same content.  Funky algorithm.

I do like the fact that you can isolate subtopics after
the first search level and I think this is something that
should be incorporated with more Google academic searches.
Where many websites are being queried, creating relevant
subsets is very helpful to the search process.

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/fourth/search_news.htm

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/search_health.htm

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/search_rhode_island.htm

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/fourth/search_libraries.htm