[Web4lib] MARC to XML: the agony and the ecstasy

Andrew Cunningham andrewc at vicnet.net.au
Thu Oct 11 18:46:05 EDT 2007

TDifferences between MARC and XML that also come to mind:

* language tagging, esp considering BCP 47 (current and near future
versions)
* other internationalization aspects: Unicode normalization, bidi
support, ITS, etc.

Andrew

Jonathan Gorman wrote:
> [...]

Andrew Cunningham
Research and Development Coordinator (Vicnet)
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia

Email: andrewc+AEA-vicnet.net.au
Alt. email: lang.support+AEA-gmail.com

Ph: +613-8664-7430                    Fax:+613-9639-2175
Mob: 0421-450-816

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/            http://www.vicnet.net.au/
http://www.openroad.net.au/           http://www.mylanguage.gov.au/
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~andrewc/