[Web4lib] survey on metadata and taxonomies

Crystal Knapp crystal.knapp at state.or.us
Tue Oct 9 15:10:25 EDT 2007

I am posting to multiple lists, so I apologize if you receive a duplicate.

The State Library of Oregon maintains the search feature, metadata, and topic tree for the Oregon.gov website and intranet.  We're preparing to revamp our metadata and topic tree and would be interested in hearing from other libraries or organizations that maintain (or used to maintain) large-scale metadata schemas and/or taxonomies.  We are particularly interested in hearing from libraries that work within a website content management system or a Government Information Locator Service (GILS).

Please take our online survey, which is available at http://library.state.or.us/services/surveys/survey.php?sid=170. It should take less than five minutes to complete.  It will be up through Monday, October 15th.  We really appreciate your feedback!

Crystal Knapp
E-Government Librarian
Oregon State Library
503-378-5009