[Web4lib] XML Editor recommendations?

John Fereira jaf30 at cornell.edu
Sat Oct 6 09:33:58 EDT 2007

At 08:56 AM 10/6/2007, Francis Kayiwa wrote:

>On Oct 5, 2007, at 9:06 PM, Michael Wood wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>try XML Copy Editor, free and validates against schema
>>http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>We use it most days without dramas. Haven't used it for KML
>>however. No
>>connection with developers.
>
>vi and emacs? Both run on Windows and with a few addons will happily
>do XML. Best part is they run on just about everything except your
>toaster. :-)

I started using vi in 1984 and pretty much used it as my editor for
everything on *nix and Windows systems.  A year or so I tried out the
Eclipse IDE (http://www.eclipse.org/) and pretty much use it
exclusively now for editing everything.  It has lots of plugins that
provide realtime syntax checking for java, php, java,  html, xml,
css, and just about everything else you can imagine.

I've worked in the open source community for 5-6 years and it seems
that on pretty much every project I work almost all of the developers
use Eclipse.

John Fereira
jaf30 at cornell.edu
Ithaca, NY