[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

S Perkins 20run20 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:23:12 EST 2007

You might look at the NOKIA N770, N800, and N810 internet tablet devices,
touch screens, 800x400 resolution 4 in screens, play music, internet radio,
WiFi, USB, etc.  The N770 is the oldest available for ~$120, the N800 is
~$200, and the N810 just came out for ~$450.  The latter two have a Camera.
All play video and other multimedia.  The N800 has 16GB of storage capacity
and the N810 has 8GB of storage.  All run a version of Linux, with the N800
and N810 running OS2008 and the N770 OS2007 from MAEMO.  Can run Skype or
GIZMO for telephone use.  TheN810 has integrated GPS and a keyboard.  The
N800 and N770 have a virtual keyboard and can add on GPS.

Web page for the N810: http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n810

Also can run PalmOS and programs through the Garnet VM. Readers for popular
file formats.

Regards,

Steven C. Perkins