[Web4lib] RFQ for hosting

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Wed Nov 28 15:54:34 EST 2007

It is difficult to answer this without seeing a draft, but my caveat
would be: Don't over-specify!

Having been on the receiving end of many RFQs/RFPs, I have seen quite
a few that did not seem to be driven by requirements. If you have a
systems engineer who knows your requirements and can create detailed
minimum specifications, that is great, however if the specification
are written by someone who does not have that background and
experience, the >best< outcome is likely to be that you will overpay
for something that works.

Thanks,

Cary

Cary Gordon, MLS