[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Sutherland, Michael John mjsuther at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 28 12:08:08 EST 2007

During a class discussion the professor of my Information Systems Design course brought this topic up and we briefly discussed it, going over some of the various responses such as those by Roy Tennant, and looking at the device from Amazon's site.  One student stated that she had downloaded books and used her Gameboy Advance to read them.  I thought this was a very interesting way to use a device for something it was obviously not intended for.  This example also emphasizes the notion that most users may not be interested in a device that only performs one function with further proprietary limitations (e.g. .azw files).

Michael Sutherland