[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

arhyno at uwindsor.ca arhyno at uwindsor.ca
Tue Nov 27 23:46:48 EST 2007

There's an interesting comment about the Kindle in this story about the
OLPC and the use of the Internet Archive's e-book reader:

"While Amazon has provided a rather closed environment, with the intention
of developing its core business of selling content, OLPC has brought,
potentially, a strong platform for accessing all kinds of content from all
sources." -
<http://www.olpcnews.com/content/ebooks/internet_archive_laptop_ebook.html/>

I haven't seen the Kindle but I did see an early version of the XO, and
the bundled reader, combined with the hardware design, seemed quite
promising.

art
---
Art Rhyno