[Web4lib] Scholarship 2.0 Survey | New Blog / Facebook Group |

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Nov 26 14:50:47 EST 2007

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

Invitation to Complete _Scholarship 2.0 Survey_ | New Blog / Facebook
Group |

Colleagues/

I have created a brief SurveyMonkey survey to identify the use of
Web/2.0 technologies for work-related purposes by librarians. In
addition, the survey seeks to identify individual and collective
attitudes and views about the significance and value of Web/2.0-based
research and scholarship.

The survey is available at

[
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=B_2bhO9Wlwtf3iiOb_2fDoZpyA_3d_3d
]

and I invite your participation. The Survey should take no longer than
10-15 minutes to complete.

Note: The Survey has been configured to permit only ***one*** response
***per computer***.

>>>The Survey will remain Open Until Future Notice<<<

To complement this Survey, I have created the Scholarship 2.0 blog and
a companion Facebook group.

The Scholarship 2.0 blog is located at

 [ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/ ]

The Webfeed for the blog is

[ http://feeds.feedburner.com/Scholarship20 ]

Scholarship 2.0 blog is devoted to ***describing and documenting*** the
forms, facets, and features of alternative Web-based scholarly
publishing philosophies and practices. The variety of old and new
metrics available for assessing the impact, significance, and value of
Web-based scholarship is of particular interest.

It has been seeded with significant content notably with a reference to
my Disruptive Scholarship wiki-based composition/review/publishing
model, a profile of a key monograph on the topic of digital scholarship,
excerpts from a major report, etc.

[ http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/ ]

***I would most appreciate learning of Any and All relevant articles,
monographs, reports, studies, websites, etc. for potential inclusion in
the Scholarship 2.0 blog.***

The Facebook global group is Open To All.

[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6235744583 ]

The group is intended to serve as a forum which those with an interest
can ***discuss** the range of issues relating to Scholarship 2.0, most
notably initiatives that seek to promote the recognition of Web-based
research and publication within The Academy.

Please Join The Scholarship 2.0 Facebook Group and Post Items to the
Discussion Board.

Thanks for your interest and  cooperation!

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 5011

*There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."
Victor Hugo