[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Danielle Plumer dplumer at tsl.state.tx.us
Mon Nov 26 13:23:05 EST 2007

To add another review from someone who's actually held the unit, Robert Scoble has a one-week review of the Kindle up on his blog: http://scobleizer.com/2007/11/25/dear-jeff-bezos-one-week-kindle-review/

For myself, I don't think I'm going to get one, though I LOVE shiny new gadgets. I'm an ebook convert (I mostly buy fiction through Mobipocket to read on my tablet or palm), and I just don't want another device. Yes, the DRM is a nuisance, and I'm concerned about what Amazon's plan vis-a-vis Mobipocket will be now that the Kindle is out (Mobipocket is owned by Amazon), but the Kindle just replaces one DRM with another.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer, Coordinator
Texas Heritage Digitization Initiative
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
512.463.5852 (phone) / 512.936.2306 (fax)
dplumer at tsl.state.tx.us