[Web4lib] RE:Kindle

Jim Campbell campbell at virginia.edu
Wed Nov 21 15:18:56 EST 2007

Amazon keeps a copy of everything you buy through them on a server.  That's
to allow you to make room for new books but still be able to get back to the
old ones when you want them. Presumably they'd be able to deactivate the
address of the lost Kindle and replace it with a new connection so you could
access your titles.

Most of the questions I've seen on this list are pretty easily answered at
the Amazon Web site - just go to Amazon and you won't have any trouble
finding the Kindle information.  You will however have trouble finding a
Kindle - they're sold out despite only getting 2 1/2 stars from reviewers.

Me, I think I'd rather have the ASUS Eee PC.

   - Jim Campbell

   Digital Access Librarian | Librarian for German
   University of Virginia Library
   513 Alderman Library
   E-Mail: Campbell at Virginia.Edu | Voice: 434-924-4985