[Web4lib] RE:Kindle

Kathryn Silberger Kathryn.Silberger at marist.edu
Wed Nov 21 10:03:01 EST 2007

 Can you read an ebook in the bathtub?  What happens if you get it wet?
(coffee, juice, etc).   That's not as frivolous as question as it seems.  I
wonder what sort of guarantee and service plan they are offering.  We tend
to do leisure reading around food and drink and in outdoor settings.  If
you spill tea on a book, you can still read it.  If you drop the book in
the bathtub, you can dry it out.  It won't look great, but you can finish
reading it.  And the monetary loss is much less than the price of a Kindle.
Can you take it to the beach?  Can it travel in a backpack?  I'd want to
know how durable it is before paying $400.

Katy

Kathryn K. Silberger
Automation Resources Librarian
James A. Cannavino Library