[Web4lib] Amazon's Kindle e-book reader

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue Nov 20 12:58:40 EST 2007

You know, to me it's the same thing: the same media companies that are
forcing draconian DRM on music, movies, etc... Are requiring this of
amazon. They try it with books: ever see the notice on paperbacks: "If
you bought this book without a cover, you could be..."?

When I worked at a bookstore, we were required to throw away paperbacks
after stripping the cover; couldn't give them to nursing homes,
hospitals, etc.. Under threat of being fired.

See:

http://www.stopbigmedia.com/chart.php?chart=radio