[Web4lib] sequential numbering of receipts?

Dennis G. Van Arsdale dvanarsd at uafortsmith.edu
Fri Nov 16 09:18:33 EST 2007

I'm appealing for help:

We are required (NO getting around it) to have sequentially numbered
receipts for all financial transactions such as fines, fees, etc.  No
arguments, no negotiations, that's it.
So, we have to use these numbered receipt books, automation be hanged.

We're getting a new Star Micronics SP500 printer for doing date due
slips, but would love to be able to print $ receipts too, except for
that pesky sequencial requirement.  We're on Innovative Interfaces, and
their numbering for stuff has gaps between each record number for
anything, so we can't use anything from them.  The Release 2007 doesn't
look to have anything for sure in the customization.

Rasmussen's Anzio site lists the abilities of Print Wizard, which do not
include anything like this.

Anybody know of a printer program that would allow something like that,
even a stand-alone program, with sequential numbering for receipts?

Thanks for looking!

--
Dennis G. Van Arsdale
email: dvanarsd at uafortsmith.edu