[Web4lib] eCommerce ROI?

HAZEL Margaret E margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us
Tue Nov 6 14:31:32 EST 2007

Hi folks,

While I know this is not the main reason that libraries go to offering
online payment of fines, I am being asked by our Finance folks, as they
look at a grant proposal I've sent them, what the ROI would be on
implementing that online payment of fines.  I only ask the list because
I have a vague memory that someone said at some point that they saw fine
payments triple, or something, once they offered more anonymous payment
options.  I have had one concrete estimate of about 16% increase, based
on just a few months, however.

Can anyone confirm, or offer their own experience, to help my case?

Thanks, all.

-Margaret

Margaret E. Hazel
Principal Librarian, Technology