[Web4lib] Browsers to test

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:04:44 EDT 2007

It's pretty much impossible to get modern browsers and legacy browsers to
agree on the same code.  Browsers such as NS4 should be obsoleted ASAP, same
with IE4 and possibly IE5.  If you absolutely need to support these
browsers, you're probably better off redirecting them to a bare-bones,
text-only version of the site.

You should ensure you support at least one browser on the three major
operating systems.  Nothing bugs me more than a Windows-only website!
Firefox 2 is a definite since it's on all three (FF1 is a maybe - any
computer that can run FF2 can run FF1), Safari, Konquerer, and Opera.

Oh, and IE6 & 7 if you *really* have to.  ;)

-A