[Web4lib] LITA Next Generation Catalog Interest Group - Meeting atALA Annual

Robert L. Balliot rballiot at oceanstatelibrarian.com
Sat May 26 08:08:48 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I have seen lots of great programs like the one below
advertised for ALA Washington. My time commitments do
not allow me to attend this year, but it would be great
to be able to participate virtually through other means.

I know that the ALA Washington Office has a presence
in SecondLife.  So, if we have already put resources
into that medium, would it be possible to try to broadcast
at least a few of the meetings devoted to high level
technology?  I am sure that there are many other
ALA members who would like to see at least a tiny
percentage of our dues go towards real-time networked
information delivery of the proceedings.

Robert L. Balliot
1-401-421-5763
Skype: RBalliot
Bristol, Rhode Island