[Web4lib] New Alternative Energy Blogs: The Geothermal Energy Blog AND The Wind Energy Blog

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon May 21 17:36:43 EDT 2007

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

Colleagues/

I am pleased to announce the establishment of two new alternative energy blogs

***The Geothermal Energy Blog***
[ http://thegeothermalenergyblog.blogspot.com/]
AND
***The Wind Energy Blog***
[ http://windenergyblog.blogspot.com/ ]

***The Geothermal Energy Blog***
The Geothermal Energy Blog is devoted to the documentation of key literature relating to all aspect of geothermal energy, most notably its nature, applications, and technologies. It is focused on non-technical issues as well.

The Geothermal Energy Blog was formally established on May 20 2007.

[ http://thegeothermalenergyblog.blogspot.com/]

***The Wind Energy Blog***

The Wind Energy Blog is devoted to the promotion of all key literature relating to wind energy and wind turbines and related technologies. It will also focus on non-technical issues as well.

[ ttp://windenergyblog.blogspot.com/ ]

The Wind Energy Blog was formally established on May 9 2007.

FEEDS

***The Geothermal Energy Blog Feed***
[ http://thegeothermalenergyblog.blogspot.com/]

***The Wind Energy Blog Feed***
[ http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheWindEnergyBlog ]

Facebook Companion

For these two new blogs, I've created a group within my Facebook profile.

***The Geothermal Energy Blog***
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2362519065 ]

***The Wind Energy Blog***

[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2386307621]

Members of either blog group are encouraged to recommend significant monographs as well as conference proceedings, dissertations and theses, reports and other grey literature, as well as popular works and relevant digital sources, notably DVDs and significant Websites. Select major review articles are also of interest.

All recommendations  will be considered for a posting in either blog after review.

Please VISIT Both Blogs
AND
Join Each/Either Blog Group in  Facebook
[This could be the start of a most productive relationship [:-)]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 5011

[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows