[Web4lib] New Job Title Pulled from Thin Air

Robert Menk bmenk at ll.mit.edu
Fri May 18 08:57:26 EDT 2007

Sorry but I can't help but keep thinking of the other (and older)
definition of  "geek" which, according to the American Heritage
Dictionary is:

"A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as
biting the head off a live chicken"

and then combining that with all the adjectives used for these job
titles.  It gives new and different shades of meaning to "marketing
geek", "public geek", "geek in chief"... ;).

Last but not least I enjoy thinking of it in the context of "I was a
geek before it was popular..."

Bobb Menk
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library
MIT nerd (insignificant, foolish, or socially inept person)