[Web4lib] Google's new "Universal" (Federated) search default

Mark Allan mark.allan at angelo.edu
Thu May 17 17:10:07 EDT 2007

(Cross-posted to libref-l)

Google is now searching its component databases and displaying them
with the single default search. Good? Time will tell. I remember when
Google's algorithm was ranking blog entries above quality search
results. (See article below for more)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131929-page,1/article.html

Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Allan
Head, Reference Unit
Porter Henderson Library
Angelo State University
ASU Station #11013
San Angelo, Texas 76909-1013
(325) 942-2511
(325) 942-2198 (FAX)
mark.allan at angelo.edu
I love the smell of book dust in the morning.  It smells like...... knowledge.