[Web4lib] : New-FB-Groups: Classroom Instruction in Facebook | Librarian/Recruit/Librarian

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu May 17 13:26:36 EDT 2007

*****APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS*****

Colleagues/

I am pleased to inform you of the creation of Two New Facebook Groups
[No, No, No. Not Another Facebook Group, Gerry. Please I need to do real work and sleep some time [:->]

***Classroom Instruction in Facebook***

***Librarian/Recruit/Librarian***

################################

***Classroom Instruction in Facebook***

_Classroom Instruction  in Facebook_ is a global umbrella Facebook group devoted to libraries that use Facebook to complement and/or supplement formal library class instruction sessions. A particular focus of the group relates to the use of Facebook in association with basic library skills courses .

[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2416166855 ]

################################

***Librarian/Recruit/Librarian***
Librarian/Recruit/Librarian is a global Facebook group devoted to promoting librarianship as a career to members of the Facebook community.

It is not limited to type of library nor professional position

[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2502810210 ]

I envision ***Librarian/Recruit/Librarian*** as a forum/place in which potential future librarians can  Meet and Greet current professional who would serve as virtual mentors. In addition, I view as a portal to major library career and recruitment resources (recommended by The Group of course). The specific strategies that could be used for recruitment of future colleagues in Facebook will be among the first discussion topics

Each New Group is a Global Group and is Open To All Facebook Folk!

BTW: Thanks to all who have joined our other recently established Facebook Groups !!!

Course Management Systems in Facebook
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2340874614 ]

Distance Education in Facebook
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2352677951 ]

Information Commons in Facebook
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2753090572 ]

Learning Communities in Facebook
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2468315931 ]

AND

SciTech Librarians
[ http://iastate.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2322018240 ]

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 5011

http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows